I still dream of having a cute little vintage house with style and character (photo at left taken by Diana Lundin, for architecture.about.com), with carpet soft enough to lounge on and not every window open to the morning heat, but with the modern amenities like a lovely walk in closet in the master suite. Mmmmm walk in closet...But for now my little house makes do. I've seen my four pets grow up
The following pics are the before and afters of my kitchen...it's still coming along but I think it's still fun. Paint is from Lowe's, picture frames from Aaron Brother's, art photographs from select shops found on Etsy (alicebgardens and TheLightFantastic), canister and kitchen towels from Target, the oven mitts and pot holders from Anthropologie, and tin recipe box from ModCloth.
*Note: Uploading the pics of the kitchen, I noticed my monitor doesn't really display the paint color the best so I will try again to take new ones to upload. For now, here's just the product info I have for the items in my kitchen that help make it the cheerful place it is. (And I'm sorry, I'm not really sure how to format the pictures properly so they're skewed and not quite in the places I would like them to be.)



I saw that house and was like, wow! What a beautiful house! I am so jealous! I think you've placed an idea in my head for what kind of dream house I want. "Inception" haha (if you've seen that movie) :P
ReplyDeleteI absolutely love those chairs. I really love the style you have for things like your wedding and home furniture/items. I adore them like no other!
And you are definitely not alone in being so shy to the point where it can be mistaken for seems snobbish. I have to really really push myself to not be that way now (although there are some days where I really just don't care and want to stay shy)
I haven't though I've heard it's a mindblower! It's hard for me to spend money on the movies because it's gotten so expensive! =) Yeah I love those style houses "Bungalows", though I'm gonna have to have a lot of money to renovate them according to modern housing plans I like today (more open floorplans, more bathrooms, bigger closets, etc).
ReplyDeleteYeah, I'm "situationally shy". I agree with your last statement too, knowing that I should push out of my box a little but sometimes not really caring to.